Playing with a few challenges today. It is always fun when one challenge sparks an idea and you are able to tie it in to several other favorites challenges.
And this is the result:
For the Color scheme I chose Gray (Just Add “G”) and worked in the Polka Dots by using retired Neutrals Family Patterned Designer Series Paper in Smoky Slate and Basic Black. I chose to use the Coffee Cup from the retired Perfect Blend stamp set and created a Sticker using a sentiment from the retired Coffee Café stamp set. I used a Label Maker to create the string of words to complete the overall theme.
- The Coffee Cup was stamped twice. Once with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to a scrap of Smoky Slate cardstock and once with Smoky Slate ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock. The full Smoky Slate Coffee Cup was fussy cut and the Basic White Lid and Sleeve were fussy cut from the Basic White Coffee Cup. The Sleeve was dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. The pieces were adhered together to create a full Coffee Cup.
- The Flag (1½” x 4¾”) was cut and flagged from the Basic Black Polka Dot patterned paper.
- The Background Panel (4” x 5¼”) was cut from the Smoky Slate Polka Dot patterned paper.
- To create the Sticker, I used a piece of my Post-It-Note Label Roll. I colored it with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend and then stamped the sentiment, Thanks a Latte, over top with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Voila! A Sticker!
- Using a Label Maker and a Black Label medium, I created the string of words: “good days start with coffee” to carry forward the Coffee theme.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. I chose a Smoky Slate Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to balance all the tones.
Always a fan of Black and White, I really like this monochromatic color scheme in Gray.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today and joining me for a cup of Coffee. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.