Have you ever timed yourself when you created a card? No? Today was a first!
Over at As You See It, the current challenge #247 was just that. There were a few ground rules:
- You have 10 minutes!
- Let us know how long it took you to complete your card or project!
- You can come up with your design and gather materials before you start the clock, but once you start work, you have to complete your design in 10 min.
- Use the given theme in your project.
To complete the speed challenge, I took inspiration from:
- Card Size – Slim Line: TGIF – #311
- Colors – Yellow, Green and Blue: Color Throw Down – CTD638
- Sentiment – Hello: CASology – Week 388
And this is the result:
For speed, I used the KISS principle: KEEP IT SIMPLE, STAMPER and went for a minimalist Clean and Simple design. So how long do you think it took me to make this card?
Gathered Materials: Paper Trimmer, one sheet Basic White cardstock, Basic White, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point cardstock scraps from my Bins, Cut & Emboss Machine, Chosen Embossing Folder, Stamp Sets, Blocks, Inks (Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark), Stampin’ Blends, Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals.
I hit the clock…
- Using my Paper Trimmer, I cut the Basic White cardstock sheet at 7”, turned it and cut it at 6”. This gave me the card base (3½” x 6”).
- I then cut the background panel (3”x 5½”) from the remaining part of the sheet and popped the panel into the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and ran it through the Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Added Stampin’ Seal to the back of the panel and adhered it to the front of the card base.
- Stamped the Daisy from the Four Season Florals stamp set (Blossom Theme) on to the scrap of Basic White cardstock with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink and trimmed it to (1½” x 2 ¾”).
- Quickly colored the Daisy with both the light and dark Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends.
- Trimmed the scrap Daffodil Delight cardstock for an accent. Final measure (1⅛” x 3”) and adhered it behind the Daisy added Dimensionals and popped it on to the card front.
- Stamped the sentiment, Hello, from the Grace’s Garden stamp set in Versamark ink on to a scrap of Pacific Point cardstock and heat set it with White Embossing Powder. Trimmed the sentiment label (½” x ⅞”) and added a half Dimensional under the “O” and Stampin’ Seal under the ‘H”. Popped it on…
- … and we were done. Hit the timer to stop and it went from 4:59 to 5:00 as I reached over.
How is that for a 5-minute card?
I love the fresh combination of yellow, green and blue. I also love the simplicity of the sentiment “Hello”. It is such a friendly greeting! Slim Line cards are currently very popular. The size I chose fits easily into a standard A6 envelope (4¾” x 6½”).
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: T64MCSN7 (April 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.